The Basra Memorial was originally sited within Basra War Cemetery but in 1997 it was moved, by the decree of Saddam Hussein, to its present site in the desert some 32 km. along the road to Nasiriyah. The photograph below was taken by Sgt. John Todd, RLC(V) while on a tour of duty in Iraq.
Pte John Walker, S/4078, 2nd Bn., Black Watch, 22nd April 1916